Greenpoint Gallery Open Call Virtual Show
Win $500 and a Solo Show
In the seventeen years since its founding, Greenpoint Gallery has faced its share of crises, some more challenging than others. However, the collective volume of the current emergency and its undeniable effect on each one of us is something we can’t fix through troubleshooting alone. Our primary goal as a community arts organization, other than opening our doors again, is to continue to provide a venue for local artists. If the only way we can currently do this is virtually, we’d like to make the best of it by holding our first post- pandemic open call and exhibition. We’d love to hear from our regulars as well as anyone looking to share their work on our online platform. The creative process can be isolating even without the current circumstances at play, and we encourage submissions in any medium in the hopes that a group exhibition can reduce the distance between fellow artists and provide further inspiration. Your ideas and efforts as painters, illustrators, photographers, printmakers and sculptors remain relevant as markers of time, place and identity and we can’t afford to lose them now.
In addition to this being a great opportunity for artists to display, sell, and showcase their works during these times. We would also like to take this opportunity to create a fundraising opportunity for The Greenpoint Gallery, as truthfully, we could use all the help we can get. Just as in our salon shows, we will be using our "People's Choice Salon Show" format, but with a fundraising twist. In which artists and patrons will be able to vote for their favorite artists/works via our virtual gallery. However, each vote will cost $1, in which all voting proceeds will go to combat the financial hardships suffered at The Greenpoint Gallery during the times of COVID-19, as we are unable to have our traditional events and space rentals.
There winner of the Popular Vote in our online show will receive a $500 cash prize and a solo show at The Greenpoint Gallery when we open back up for business (as soon as we can!). There will also be an additional "Curator's Choice" winner (selected by gallery owner Shawn James) in which they will also receive their own solo show.
• There is a $25 submission fee for the show, in which artists may submit in up to 5 images/works.
• Must be 18 years or older to submit.
• Original works only.
• Artists must also submit their websites, email, and social media links to be displayed along side their works in the gallery.
• All mediums accepted
• As per our mission, Greenpoint Gallery will take zero percentage of any artworks sold via the virtual gallery. All art sales and inquires will be directed to the artists via the contact information they provide.
• The deadline for submissions is June 1st, 2020.
• Artists will receive a confirmation email acknowledging their submission and payment.
• Artists and Patrons will be able to view and vote for their favorite works in the "Greenpoint Gallery Virtual-Online Gallery" hosted on our website
• Voting Period will begin June 1st to June 15th ending at midnight.
• The show will be a "People's Choice Show" in which the winner will be decided by popular vote.
• Patrons can purchase a vote in our online gallery for $1. *All voting proceeds will go to directly support The Greenpoint Gallery*
• Winners of "Best in Show" and "Currator's Choice" will be notified directly and we will post the results on our website and social medias.